Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Rice Pudding Nirvana

What could be cozier that rice pudding sprinkled with cinnamon? I love rice pudding, I crave rice pudding, maybe you could say I am addicted to rice pudding...but when you are pregnant strong cravings are totally normal and acceptable. Yes, this is my public announcement that I am expecting...baby number four will arrive around mid July...but I digress. Back to rice pudding. I have made the baked kind and I love it, but my quest has been to recreate the KOZY SHACK style rice pudding. For about a year now that creamy texture has eluded me. My attempts were always too pasty. I bought a 16 oz container of rice pudding on Saturday and between me, Marah, Ethan and Abby we ate it in one sitting. (My kids share my love of rice pudding) As I gave Marah the very last drop from the container she remembered to ask me if I had gotten any. "Yes I got a little," I replied. "Well just be glad you don't have more kids! Then you wouldn't get any!" This comment, combined with my growing belly renewed my desire to make my own creamy rice pudding. And today I think I've done it. I have found a creamy rice pudding recipe that tastes like Kozy Shack. No more must I deal with 16 oz containters that are gone the moment they are opened. Now I can make pig pots of it. And I am eating for two, so don't make any comments about the size of my servings...

2 comments:

Lorell said...

ok so how did you do it? What is your secret to make kozy shack rice pudding? I love that stuff!

Mary Ann said...

I can't BELIEVE Mike didn't say anything about you expecting! What a turkey! He was all conspicuously asking US if WE were pregnant. Hmmmmmm. Congrats!