Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Count down to Christmas

I think counting down the days to Christmas has got to be one of my most favorite things. Here is our advent I tried this year. Several years ago I made these mini stockings but never used them. This year I got on the ball and stuffed them with candy and an activity to do for each day. Some days were simple activities like "Round up the Christmas CD's and listen to music", some were spiritual like "Read Luke 2" and some were crafts.

One day we made marshmallow snowmen, another day we made candy picture frames and another day we made candy cane reindeer.


We made a red and green paper chain for our tree.

And we made a little forest of paper trees:

Here are our gingerbread men:


And these are our gingerbread houses. Someday I want to make a REAL gingerbread house but this year graham crackers worked just fine. The candy is the fun part anyway, right?


2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Mmmmm. I just want to pull that white chocolate pretzel off that last house and eat it. What a fun bunch of activities for you and your kids!

Zina said...

All this in the 9th month of a pregnancy? Amazing. I need to remember to come back here and use some of these ideas next year.