Monday, July 27, 2009

At least we are lame together...

If you celebrate something without realizing it does it count as a celebration? Last night I put the kids to bed fairly early and Mike and I enjoyed pina coladas before going to bed. This morning Mike was checking his email and then he looked at me with a funny smile on his face and asked "Why didn't we celebrate yesterday?" I was puzzled, "What are you talking about?" He replied, "Yesterday was our anniversary...your dad just reminded me in this email."

We've been married 12 years. We are both so lame.

I think I'll make pina coladas again, tonight.

5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Maybe the 12th anniversary is the lame one. Ours was the worst we've every had. We spent the entire day apart: me with the baby and Rob with all the students and kids biking through pouring rain. We had a babysitter but she was too exhausted to come after the bike ride. So we did nothing. The baby had an ear infection and kept us up all night long and in the morning Rob had to take him to the doctor to get yet another prescription. Better to have had a pleasant evening and not known than to have remembered and been snowed under by crummy circumstances. We did finally celebrate with a lunch date a few days later!

Erin said...

heehee, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY you two :) What a silly story. At least you enjoyed your evening!

kathryn said...

happy anniversary! excited to see you soon!

Zina said...

Dean and I very nearly forgot ours this year. Ours comes too soon after our birthdays and the fourth of July and also right before Ike's and Henry's birthday, and I'm usually so busy gearing up for the boys' birthdays that I forget about the anniversary.

Some years we have even deliberately celebrated at a less hectic time of the year, but this year we managed dinner and a movie and thought we'd done great.

Mary Ann said...

Ashley,
Maddie just wrote an e-mail to Marah and found out that the address we have for you doensn't work any more. Would you send us an e-mail with your new address to my gmail account? We'd appreciate it!