Friday, November 09, 2007

My little boy...

Last Saturday we were cleaning house. Ethan was having a hard time doing what he was asked to do. He was too tired, stomach ached...etc. all the usual get out of job complaints. Finally I took him by the hand and we emptied trash cans and cleaned the kitty litter box together. As I was instructing him on how to put a plastic trash bag liner in the can he sweetly asked, "Do I have to learn how to do this in case I never get married?" No, no my dear, you have to learn how to do this so you can be a responsible adult, clean up after yourself, not live in a pig pen and help your future wife...

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

That is too funny! I love the things kids come up with.

kathryn said...

ahem, need some updated pics of the house, YOUR NEW DOG, the llamas next door (as in mom and daddy's llamas, i wasn't trying to insult your neighbors), and amelia, and those other kidlets you have at your house. please. thank your.

kathryn said...

(sigh). waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting. c'mon, ash. mike can't be on the computadora all the time... can he?